Twin Oaks Airpark is located 20 minutes southwest of Portland, Oregon.We are often asked what sets us apart from other flight training programs…
Topping the list:
- Family Atmosphere
- A small flight school with attention to
- Our Commitment to Safety
- Personalized One-on-One Flight Lessons
- Low Cost of Flying Lessons
- Our New, Clean, & Modern Airplanes
Flying Lessons in Portland, OR
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How Long Does it Take to Learn to Fly?
Each student is different. How quickly you progress depends on how often you train. We recommend you train at least 2 days per week. You can train as quickly or slowly as you would like. The typical student obtains their private pilots license in 3-6 months.
- How do I Start the Process of Learning to Fly?
Stop by the Twin Oaks and introduce yourself. We will get you started with an intro flight and find a flight instructor that will match up with your schedule and learning style.
- How Much Does it Cost To Learn To Fly?
The average is between $5,000 to $7,000 to obtain a private pilots license.
- What are the Age Requirements to Learn to Fly?
You can begin lessons at any age. In order to solo an aircraft a student has to be 16 years of age. To obtain a private pilot’s license the student has to be 17 years of age.
- Would you like to ask another question – Contact Us!
Choosing the right place to learn to fly is a difficult choice whether you are learning to fly for fun or for a career. We understand each of our student pilots is an individual and has specific needs. You will receive a primary instructor that will be responsible for personally guiding you through your flying lessons, using our very own flight training syllabus and unique tools, and at times that are convenient for you.
You have found the right place!